Wind Hellas is one of the major Telecommunications in Greece with more than 3.5 million customers. Within 20 years, the company has been established as a technology pioneer and has offered innovative products that have changed consumers’ way of communication. Today, Wind Hellas is the only integrated telecom operator in Greece offering Mobile, Fixed and Internet services, from a single point of sale and service, under a single bill.
Wind asked Cognity to implement the Interconnect System of Wind to cover the interconnection agreements of Wind, Q and Tellas, which have all been acquired by Wind.
The main business challenges addressed in the context of this project were:
- Complex interconnection agreements
- Integration with the existing infrastructure of Wind
- Cover the interconnection agreements of 3 operators that where merging to one
- Automation of manual processes involved in the management of interconnections
- Enable continuous business process optimization and automation
Turning Vision into Results
Cognity implemented the Interconnect System of Wind based on Intec’s Interconnect (IcT), now belonging to CSG International.
The system covers the interconnection agreements of Wind, Q and Tellas, which have been gradually acquired by Wind and merged their infrastructures with Wind. Cognity performed knowledge transfer to Wind in order to enable the organisation to have control over the interconnection agreements, the rules and the processes involved.
The key sucess factors of the project were:
- Cognity’s strong technical competence coupled with in-depth understanding of the business domain
- Quality of the deliverables
- Strict adherence to the agreed timeplan
- Wind’s management commitment and internal competence
Cognity is continuously extending the above infrastructure and provides Maintenance & Technical support services to Wind, based on a SLA.
Interconnect, Intec IcT, CSG, Convergent, Merger