Headquartered in Athens Greece, OTEGLOBE is the international wholesale arm of OTE, the Greek incumbent and the strongest telecommunications Group in SE Europe. The company has grown to a regional hub delivering a complete portfolio of transport, voice, corporate and mobile services to int’l carriers, fixed & mobile operators, and multi-site organisations. OTEGLOBE is the only carrier, in the broader Balkans region, which reaches Western Europe through Greece with two fully owned geographically diverse dual-path, multi-wavelength networks, the GWEN and the TBN, while it also operates an IP/MPLS network (MSP) with presence in the main telecom hubs in Europe. In addition, OTEGLOBE owns rights in several regional and transatlantic submarine cable systems, trans-border fiber-optic networks to all neighboring countries and more than 150 direct bilateral routes.
Overall, the majority of Greek, as well as a significant share of South East European broadband volume and international voice traffic, are routed through OTEGLOBE’s Networks. Voice traffic is routed through digital TDM switches, while the majority of the traffic is routed with the use of carrier grade VoIP technology.
By capitalising both on its geographic position and extensive and diverse network footprint, along with its strong corporate presence in SE European region, OTEGLOBE is becoming a diverse, reliable gateway which connects Middle East & North Africa with Europe through Greece.
OTEGLOBE asked Cognity to implement a Contract Management system that would help the organisation effectively manage all the Contracts/Agreements, the associated Orders, as well as the Trouble Tickets and Services Requests of the Customers. Cognity implemented Siebel Communications CRM to cover the above needs and is continuously supporting the system throughout the years of operation.
The main business challenges addressed in the context of this project were:
- Use Siebel Communications CRM as the main Contract Management system in order to achieve full automation of the contract handling processes
- Effectively manage the Trouble Ticketing (TT) and Service Request (SR) processes of the organization, including Escalation and Notification workflows
- Create a centralised Product Catalogue
- Automate the Order Management process, reducing activation time and mistakes in the product/service configuration
- Provide a full Asset Management system
- Enable continuous business process optimisation and automation
Turning Vision into Results
Cognity implemented the OTEGLOBE Siebel Communications CRM and covered the following areas:
- Account Management
- Contact & Activity Management
- Contract Management (Data, Voice, Vendor Agreements), Approval Cycles, Pricing Algorithms
- Centralised Product Catalogue
- Order Management
- Asset Management
- Trouble Ticket Management (Customer, Upstream, Network, Maintenance), TT Duration Monitoring, Escalation Processes
Cognity is continuously extending the above infrastructure and provides Maintenance & Technical support services to OTEGLOBE, based on a SLA.